UK Bank Validation
A specialized payment validation service for the UK and Ireland.
The United Kingdom uses sort codes to identify banks and branches and account numbers to identify the personal bank account.
The UK Bank Validation is a comprehensive solution to validate sort codes, account numbers and locate bank and branch information from a reliable data sources.
The system also can generate an IBAN from a supplied sort code and account number.
Technical documentation and integration details about API service.
Take a trial
No payment, no obligation, full support
Find the appropriate pricing plan for your needs
The UK Bank Validation service provides the following functionality:
- Check the integrity and correctness of a sort code and account number combination ( modulus check )
- Convert Sort Code and Account Numbers to IBAN
- Lookup bank and branch details for any sort code
- Lookup BIC code of a given sort code
- Detect FPS payments support
- Detect CHAPS support
- Detect Direct Debit support
- Detect CC&C Payments
Simple and powerful
We have tailored key features for efficiency and flexibility:
- Mobile friendly web interface
- Mass/Bulk IBAN Validation
- Mass/Bulk IBAN Calculation
- Sub-user accounts for company employees
- Single call REST and SOAP API
- Low queries notifications
Our clients have found this service useful in some of the following scenarios:
- User Input Validation - Check for correct bank details upon client entry in your system. This way businesses can ensure a high success rate of future payments.
- Live Payment Validation - Validate existing bank account and sort code data prior to processing outgoing payments.
- Data cleansing - Use the APIs and Bulk Validation interface to clean existing payment details from invalid or junk data.
- User Input auto-complete - Once a user submits sort code and account number, our system can help you auto-populate bank details such as bank name, branch, BIC code and more.
- Compliance - Helps businesses comply to resolution 092/05 issued by the European Payments Council regarding mandatory use of BIC and IBAN.
We understand the importance of reliable data sources when processing payments.
We have licensed the Extended Sort Codes Directory issued by VocaLink to ensure our service provides accurate and up to date information for the UK payment industry.
The EISCD data is updated weekly from BACS to avoid stale and outdated records.
A comprehensive documentation for our APIs is available for developers.