IBAN Validation and Calculation
The International Bank Account Number or IBAN is used in international as well as domestic payments in Europe and the world.
A fairly long string of numbers and digits, the IBAN is often a point of failure when manually entered by customers and operators alike.
When an incorrect IBAN is supplied, a payment will fail resulting in both delays and losses in bank processing fees to your business.
This is where our IBAN Validation and Calculation service comes in.
We designed this solution to provide fast and reliable payment validation for IBAN payments.
Technical documentation and integration details about API service.
Take a trial
No payment, no obligation, full support
Find the appropriate pricing plan for your needs
Under the hood
Key features provide a comprehensive solution for validating payment details:
- Validate the internal check digit of an IBAN
- Validate internal structure of an IBAN
- Validate the length of the IBAN
- Validate the check digits of the domestic bank codes and account numbers inside an IBAN
- Retrieve BIC code of an IBAN
- Convert bank code and account number to an IBAN
- Recover an IBAN containing unreadable/unknown characters
Simple and powerful
We have tailored key features for efficiency and flexibility when using our services:
- Mobile friendly web interface
- Mass/Bulk IBAN Validation
- Mass/Bulk IBAN Calculation
- Sub-user accounts for company employees
- Single call REST and SOAP API
- Low queries notifications
We have worked with our clients to identify some of the main use scenarios:
- Optimizing Payments - Validate an IBAN and retrieve of bank details prior to processing to streamline payments.
- Data Cleansing - Cleanup old data by performing a mass/batch IBAN Validation searches on existing payment details in your system.
- Data Recovery - Using our IBAN recovery API businesses who manually digitize IBAN data can recover IBANs which contain missing or unreadable characters.
- User Input Validation - Validate payment data upon user entering the IBAN in the system. Protect against typing errors.
- User Input Autocompletion - Provide better user experience by retrieving bank details and BIC code when user enters a IBAN in your system.
- Compliance - Helps businesses comply to resolution 092/05 issued by the European Payments Council regarding mandatory use of BIC and IBAN.
We understand the importance of having a reliable and up to date bank data when processing payments.
To ensure high-quality data, we are licensing bank lookup data from the major financial institutions and payment regulators in Europe.
Our IBAN Validation and Calculation service uses data from key institutions such as Vocalink (United Kingdom), Banque du France (France) and other national banks.
A comprehensive documentation for our APIs is available for developers.