EISCD SOAP API
An even more powerful payment validation service for the United Kingdom.
If you are wandering what this service does, please first review our "UK Bank Validation" service for a simpler solution.
The BACS Extended Industry Sort Codes Directory ( EISCD for short) is the most accurate and comprehensive data source for the UK Payment Industry.
Technical documentation and integration details about API service.
Take a trial
No payment, no obligation, full support
Find the appropriate pricing plan for your needs
What is the difference?
This EISCD SOAP API is an extended of our UK Bank Validation service and provides over 95 individual data markers for a given sort code.
You may dig deeper into the data it provides via the WSDL and developer documentation at the end of this page.
- Check the integrity and correctness of a sort code and account number combination ( modulus check )
- Convert Sort Code and Account Numbers to IBAN
- Lookup bank and branch details for any sort code
- Lookup bank and branch details for a provided IBAN
- Lookup BIC code of a given sort code
- Detect FPS payments support
- Detect CHAPS support
- Detect Direct Debit support
- Detect CC&C Payments
Simple and powerful
Supported API methods:
Our clients have found this service useful in some of the following scenarios:
- User Input Validation - Check for correct bank details upon client entry in your system. This way businesses can ensure a high success rate of future payments.
- Live Payment Validation - Validate existing bank account and sort code data prior to processing outgoing payments.
- Data cleansing - Use the APIs and Bulk Validation interface to clean existing payment details from invalid or junk data.
- User Input auto-complete - Once a user submits sort code and account number, our system can help you auto-populate bank details such as bank name, branch, BIC code and more.
- Compliance - Helps businesses comply to resolution 092/05 issued by the European Payments Council regarding mandatory use of BIC and IBAN.
We understand the importance of using reliable data sources when processing payments.
Therefore we have licensed the Extended Sort Codes Directory issued by VocaLink to ensure our service provides the most accurate and up to date information for the UK payment industry.
The EISCD data is updated weekly with the official VocaLink version.
A comprehensive documentation for our APIs is available for developers.